Collared Peccary (aka Javelina):
- native to the Chihuahuan and Sonoran Deserts of southwestern Texas, New Mexico and Arizona.
- the only native, wild pig-like animal found in the United States.
- called Javelina because of their razor-sharp tusks, Spanish for javelin or spear.
- you may smell a peccary before you see it.
- the prickly pear is ideal food for the Javelina due to its high water content.
- Javelina have poor eyesight and good hearing.
- The Javelina Jundred 100-mile Endurance Run, October 31st, 2009.
Yup, that's my costume (minus the heels, of course). Just imagine running 100 miles in heels, LOL!
I'm not planning to carry a spear but after 100 miles you will definitely smell me before you see me, I may resort to eating prickly pears if I run out of water and my eyesight definitely deteriorates as I get tired.
I'm probably not going to be feeling very angelic either after 70 miles or so. More like the Devil I think (Shelli's costume). This will be a blast! The greatest Halloween costume event ever.