Friday, January 1, 2010

A Year in Review

Well, another year over and several firsts; first stage race (TCC Rainforest Run), first (trail) 50-mile (Old Goat's 50), first 100-mile (San Diego 100). I must really like the longer distances because I went back for a second and third 50-mile, then a second 100-mile (my fastest, Javelina Jundred). Unfortunately the Chimera won the battle and I didn't get my third 100-mile buckle. Revenge will be sweet in 2010.

Made new friends, lost touch with a couple of old ones. Good times and sad times. Ups and downs. I'm eternally thankful for the support of my husband, boys, family and friends. To sum up my life philosophy.

“All of life is a journey, which paths we take, what we look back on, and what we look forward to is up to us. We determine our destination, what kind of road we will take to get there, and how happy we are when we get there.”

A new year, a new decade - bring it on! Next challenge: TCC Route of Fire. Stay posted.

No comments: