Sunday, May 30, 2010

Memorial Day Memories....


Memorial Day - a day of memory, recollection and prayer for all the U.S. soldiers who died in military service. Thanks and God bless you and your families for your sacrifice.

Gosh, Memorial Day already. Where did March, April and May go? Here's where...


After a great race Old Goat's 50-mile in March where I knocked 30 minutes off last year's finish time, my race plan became a series of "not quites".
* Labor of Love 50-mile, 4/10/10 - dragged the family all the way out to Las Vegas and promptly came down with flu. Too sick to run.
* Leona Divide 50-mile, 4/17/10 - at least I showed up for this one and gave it a try! I now realize that coughing and a fever were probably signs that I was still sick. Kudos to Keira on her first time as RD at Leona.
* PCT 50-mile, 5/8/10 - no running for 3 weeks took its toll and despite the beautiful course and well-organized race, I had a crappy day.
* Whoo's in El Moro 50K - aid station captain. Kudos to Molly for putting on this inaugural race.
* Nanny Goat 12/24/100 - volunteer and barista. What can I say, another great race put on by Steve and Annie Harvey, hosted by BFF Shelli and her folks at the Sexton Horse Ranch. Fun, fun, fun going around and around and around a 1-mile loop.

So, what's next? San Diego 100 on June 12. Again, a series of "not quites" has me on Plan E but I think this one is solid. Pacers and crew are ready and able. I just need to show up at the start line fit and mentally prepared. Bring it on!

No comments: