Thursday, October 30, 2008

Picture this!

On Thursday, I dragged my butt out of bed at 4:15 a.m. to join Trail Headz at El Moro for a pre-dawn run. This is something that doesn't usually happen on weekdays as hubby leaves for work too early but the planets were aligned and he was planning to leave later than usual. I jumped at the chance to run with the group. So at 5:30 a.m. we were all gathered at Ridge Park entrance, flashlights in hand, headlamps on. It was a beautiful morning for a 10-mile run and I got to see the sunrise. Feeling good, I decided to stop off on my way home to get blood drawn for my impending annual physical. There I am sitting in the waiting room when I realize that other people are entering, taking one look at me and moving as far away as possible. My legs are dirty from being out on the trails and I'm a little stinky but I can't imagine what the problem is. Then I reach up to scratch my head and bingo! I still have my headlamp on!

So, anyone out there reading this that saw me and moved away - yes, I'm the lady sitting in the Quest Diagnostics waiting room in broad daylight with the headlamp on but no, I'm not crazy.... merely a trail runner.

No comments: