Monday, October 6, 2008

Recovery



Back from Lake Tahoe and life goes on. Back to my world of homework, karate/soccer practice, volunteering in the classroom, housework, cooking, working part-time at Fleet Feet Sports Laguna Niguel..... and squeezing in runs whenever possible. Non-runners often ask me how I'm training for TCC and my answer is that whenever I have an hour to spare, I go for a run: I ride my bike on the bike trainer while the boys do homework or play: I squeeze in a few laps in the community pool. Long runs happen at the weekend. Yes, it frustrates me sometimes that I can't train as hard as I'd like (or think I ought to) but hey, I quit Corporate America to be a wife and raise my boys and this is how it is. Family first. Good job I am blessed with an understanding husband....

Next up - Grand Canyon Rim-to-Rim-to-Rim.

No comments: