Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Easy Recovery


People I meet through working at A Snail's Pace often ask me how I can run 50 miles one day and not be sore the next. While I'm big on training smart and taking time off to recover, eating a healthy, well-balanced diet in general (chocolate excluded!) and post-run refuelling (carbs and protein within 30 mins of finishing), I also take a supplement from Wicked Fast Nutrition. Recover-Ease.
I was introduced to Recover-Ease by my good friend and ultra running fast chick Michelle Barton. I admit I was sceptical at first but soon became a fan. This stuff works. Totally minimizes muscle soreness and fatigue in general. In fact, I have even stopped taking it for periods of time to test the effect = dead legs, general fatigue, even a little depression, which all goes away when I take it again.
Can I say it'll turn you into 7-times Western States 100 winner Scott Jurek or my fellow TCC racer and winner of Umstead 100 David James (15:05 - way to go Dave!)? No. Only proper training and an intense desire to win will do that. But it does help. So why not give it a try?

No comments: