Wednesday, September 17, 2008

How it all started....


In spring '05 I decided enough is enough and vowed to lose those last 5lbs of pregnancy weight. So I joined a Running 101 program and the weight came off but.... now I wanted a bigger challenge. So in August '05 I joined LLS Team in Training to train for PF Chang's Rock 'n' Roll Marathon in Jan '06 (5K to marathon is kind of a leap but life's short and I believe in seizing the moment). Coach Jeri so inspired me that I signed on for a second season, this time as a mentor (San Diego Rock 'n' Roll June '06). Out of friendships formed during our TNT days came a running group, Friends Run OC . Now I was hooked on the runner's high, the pain of long distance running, call it what you will. Pretty amazing when you consider that I would do anything to get out of cross country or track in High School!

5 marathons and 5 ultras (50K) later I'm training hard for The Coastal Challenge, a 6-day adventure race set in the rainforests of Costa Rica. This is my training blog for TCC and beyond.... enjoy!

No comments: