Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Notoriety

So, I'm parked at a trail head, standing at the back of my car putting on my gaiters. A few spaces down, I notice two Moms getting little ones into their jogging strollers, getting ready for a walk. They're ready before me and as they pass my car I hear one Mom say "That's the Crazy Lady!". "What Crazy Lady?" asks the other Mom. "You know, the one that thinks it's fun to run across the Grand Canyon and back in one day" is the answer. Makes me smile....

After my run, I stop at the Post Office to mail packages to my family in England. A voice behind me asks "What are those things over your shoes?". I explain they're gaiters and why I wear them. She says "I recognize them from the newspaper article. I thought they were just so that people could see you on the trails".

My gaiters are recognizable, I am not. Hmmm.....

No comments: